- This event has passed.
Centenary 31 August, 1 and 2 September
31 August 2018 - 2 September 2018
Les Courmettes is celebrating its centenary on 31 August and 1 and 2 September.
We are planning a whole weekend of festivities, with talks, walks, exhibitions, book launches and other activities…
Friday, 31 August
7:00 – 15:00 hrs: Sponsored walk for the Courmettes Centenary, from the sea to Courmettes via the valley of the Loup. Departure from Cagnes-sur-Mer, with staging and additional joining points at La Colle-sur-Loup and Tourrettes-sur-Loup
17:00 hrs: Official opening and welcome drinks
19:30 hrs: Dinner
20:30 hrs: Time of ‘Thanksgiving, consecration and prayer’
Saturday, 1 September
We are planning a whole range of nature and discovery activities at Courmettes throughout the day from 9:00 until late in the evening, with meals at lunchtime and in the evening (at 19:30).
- Inauguration of the photograph exhibitions and the new interpretation panels
- Book launch, one on the history of Les Courmettes and the other on the geology and natural history of Courmettes
- Discovery walks exploring the Domaine’s history, natural history and geology
- Bread-making workshops
- Discover Courmettes cheeses – making and tasting
- Working sheepdog demonstration (provisional)
- Bee-keeping workshop
- Scout wide games
- Stalls showcasing local and partner associations
- Talks on history
- Workshops for children
- Folk dance evening (with the group Lu Ribaire), scout evening
- Salvation Army Brass Band
Sunday 2 September
- During the morning: walks around the Domaine
- Join in the Big Picnic
- Centenary service at 14:30 (Sermon: François Clavairoly, President of the Protestant Federation of France); music: Salvation Army Brass Band
The weekend will end around 16:30-17:00
We are looking for a team of volunteers to help us with reception and logistics (dishes, cooking, cleaning, etc.) from August 24 to September 7. In particular, you will benefit from a reduced rate. Information here.
We are also raising funds for the publication of two books, the creation of two photo exhibitions, and the printing of interpretation panels. All the information on crowdfunding here.
Booking will be confirmed when full payment has been received (payment methods sent by email). Cancellation: 50% refund if before 31 July, 25% if before 15 August.
Package for all meals (lunch and dinner) – €50 per adult, €25 per child 3-18 years
Individual meals – €15 per meal for adults, €8 per meal children 3-18 years
Price per person for Friday and Saturday nights, breakfast included, shared bathrooms
Two-person shared room – €60
Three-person shared room – €50
Four-person shared room – €40
16 bed dormitory – €30
Camping – €25
‘Panoramique’ apartment (2 double beds, 5 single beds) – €550
‘Marronnier’ apartment (3 double beds) – €350
We are look for a team of international volunteers to help us with hospitality and logistics. You will benefit – among other things – from a discount. More information here