Astronomy at Les Courmettes – 2021
28 October - 4 November
Come and discover the marvels of the night at Les Courmettes with Florent Bailleul, scientific mediator and a specialist in astronomy and the nocturnal world!
Astronomy at Les Courmettes – 2hrs
- Thursday 8th July – 22h00
- Thursday 15th July – 22h00
- Thursday 29th July – 22h00
- Thursday 5th August – 21h45
- Thursday 12th August – 21h45
- Thursday 28th October – 21h00
- Thursday 4th November – 21h00
(The host is able to adapt the session in accordance with the wishes of the participants!)
- Between dog and wolf: the appearance of the stars
- Identifying the constellations with the naked eye: Arcturus and the Herdsman, The Stars of the Summer Triangle, Antares and the Scorpion, The Milky Way
- Observing the stars using binoculars and a telescope (The Galactic Centre and Sagittarius, Planetary Neubulae of the Ring and of the Arrow, Amas Globulaire M13 and Hercules 92, Galaxies M81 and 82 of Ursa Major…)
- 12€ per adult
- 11€ per child (6-17 years)
- Free for children under 6
- 10€ per person for groups or families of 4 people or more
Please pay on the day either by cash or cheque! Registration is required! And places are limited to 25 people – please use this form to sign up. We will confirm the session once at least 10 places have been filled.
We will meet at Les Courmettes 15 minutes before the start time, but you can of course arrive earlier in order to make the most of the beautiful site and/or to have a picnic tea! Consider bringing warm clothing (hats, coats etc), because, at 850m altitude, the nights can be chilly!
In respect of the rules to limit the transmission of Covid-19, we ask you to please respect these rules during the session:
- Please maintain a distance of 1m between yourself and the other participants and please wear a mask for the duration of the session.
- When using the telescope, please wear glasses. You could also bring your own, or a pair of binoculars.
- We cannot be held responsible if participants do not follow these rules or for any subsequent infections.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org (Photographie bandeau : © Florent Bailleul)